OpenIDEO is a open innovation platform that solves social and environmental issues. It was developed by IDEO, an award-winning global design consultancy.
Silvie led OpenIDEO Meet-ups in San Francisco including an OpenIDEO Meet-up at the d.school, facilitated a design thinking bootcamp at CCCSSF and advised WE Foundation about designing an innovation workshop for youth.
Learn more about Silvie on LinkedIn.
OpenIDEO San Francisco Meet-up, Volunteer
- grew and managed the OpenIDEO SF Meet-up community, recognized as a Meet-up Program leader
- managed local meet-up schedule and social media, including end-to-end event management
- recruited and managed facilitators who facilitated small groups at the meet-up
- developed and facilitated brainstorming, prototyping sessions
- identified and managed relationships with industry-recognized experts
- collaborated on developing “Facilitator’s Toolkit” for facilitating human-centered design
- co-created “Best Practices” for running local meet-ups
"Thinking like a designer can transform the way organizations develop products, services, processes, and strategy. This approach, which IDEO calls design thinking, brings together what is desirable from a human point of view with what is technologically feasible and economically viable. It also allows people who aren’t trained as designers to use creative tools to address a vast range of challenges." Read more...
"Silvie is a mover and a shaker and SHINES as one of our Meetup fellows in San Francisco. She has gone above and beyond what was expected of her. I often reference her work in San Francisco as a best practice for our other 60+ Meetups globally. She's got a great spirit, has a way to motivate people to join her and has started a volunteer train the trainer program within her San Francisco community. She's mentored other facilitators, has secured local partnerships for her Meetup community with CapitalOne and General Assembly, and continues to facilitate Meetups. As a Meetup fellow she's one of the BEST."
- Em Havens, Community Lead, OpenIDEO
Design Thinking Bootcamp
Consumer Credit Counseling Services
- educated participants about the design thinking process
- led a design thinking session from empathy building to rapid prototyping
- created an implementation guide for the company
World Education Foundation, Volunteer
- advised on structure and content for WE: SOLVE PROTOTYPE WORKSHOP IN THE DOMIZ REFUGEE CAMP IN THE KURDISTAN REGION OF IRAQ, a daylong design thinking workshop
- dvised on structure and content for WE: SOLVE LAB, a 6-week program that teaches youth a human-centered design